As we discussed in part 1, gratitude is a different way of thinking. But more than that, it’s a different way of feeling, and acting.
No matter what your personal circumstances are, there is always a reason to be – and feel – grateful, if you look for it.
Don’t Believe Us About Gratitude?
Perhaps you’re thinking that this isn’t the case for you, and that you have nothing in particular to be grateful for? But let us try and prove you wrong, in the nicest possible way.
Why Should You Feel Grateful?
- If you have friends, family, kids or a partner – there’s a reason
- If you have a roof over your head, and a bed to sleep in at night – there’s a reason
- If you got up this morning and had the ability to walk to the bathroom, take a shower, splash water on your face, or clean your teeth – there’s a reason
- If you had both the ability and the facilities to make a cup of tea or coffee – there’s a reason
- If you had food to eat this morning – there’s a reason
- And if you went outside and took a breath of fresh air, looked up and saw the sun, or felt the rain on your skin – then there’s a reason
Perhaps We Have to Look Beyond the Bigger Picture
Sometimes we need to forget for a moment how a huge lottery win could change our lives. Or how getting a new job would mean we can get away from the bosses we hate. Or even how our lives would be so much better if we lost weight/gained weight/didn’t have acne, etc etc.
If we can concentrate instead on the minutiae details in our lives … well, then we can find our reasons to feel grateful.
Start With a List
Try listing a few things you’re grateful for each night before you go to sleep, and every morning when you wake. You’ll soon be amazed at the difference it can make to how you feel.
Alternatively, start a gratitude journal – this was a big turning point for both of us. There is something very humbling about reading through gratitude lists you’ve made in previous days, weeks, and months – even years. It makes us realise just how much we actually have to be grateful for.
Gratitude is the Key to a Life Full of Happiness and Abundance
This is a bold statement and we don’t use it lightly. But we both truly believe that gratitude changed our lives, and it can change yours, too.
If you’d like to read more about gratitude, and how to use it to enhance your life, we’ll be writing lots more about it in the future. In the meantime, check out our Amazon reading list dedicated to the Law of Attraction, where we hope you’ll find things to inspire you.
For now, why not smile more, and practice being grateful? You may just be pleasantly surprised at the result. And as always, please share your thoughts with us.
This site uses affiliate links. Please refer to our disclaimers for information on how this may affect you.